Summer’s coming to an end, the vacations are over and kids are headed back to school. That usually means a flood of expenses that can strain any single parent’s budget. You’re likely wondering how to manage back to school expenses.
Joining me for this episode of Conversations About Divorce is April McCaffrey, single parent of two teenage daughters, a paralegal, blogger at It’s All About Balance, and author of Balancing the Single Mom Budget, available on Amazon.
Listen in as April and I talk about:
- Why back-to-school spending needs to be part of your overall financial strategy
- How this can be a great money learning opportunity for your child
- The first place you should always go shopping
- How to balance frugality with fun, and
- How to handle these expenses with your ex.
Taking responsibility for your financial future is a major component AND learning opportunity in divorce. If you’re not used to managing the money, are not familiar with the financial picture for your household this can be overwhelming and intimidating. Don’t let your lack knowledge and experience paralyze you … check out my post on how to get to grips with your finances after divorce.